Okay, so you know those huge floral headpeices that are so "in" right now? Well I adore them. And I want one. So, I went online to purchase one of those beauts and they are all pretty expensive...so, I said to myself "I can totally make that!" and I did. Now, I may not have made it in the most fancy way, but it works and it's quick to make (plus, you get to choose whatever color you want!). I originally was going to do a deep red color, but I fell in love with these cool lavender flowers. I am going to make a deep red and black one soon. Here's what I did:
Supplies = fake flowers, hot glue gun, scissors, and a headband (mine was satin, but I don't think it really matters)...First, cut the stem off the flowers completely.
Lay out the flowers around the headband before you glue to see where you want them placed.
Once you have them arranged how you want, put a blob (literally, a "blob") of hot glue in the place where you want to glue the flower.
When you glue them, make sure that you place the flowers facing slightly forward so they don't stick straight up. You want them to frame the face.
And Viola!! You now own a badass floral headband that probably cost about $10 to make at home...ya dig?? I do. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment